SKY TELESCOPE HOT PRODUCT 2013 ? Scope Nights is the first award winning stargazing weather app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and provides astron...
SKY TELESCOPE HOT PRODUCT 2013 ? Scope Nights is the first award winning stargazing weather app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and provides astronomy weather reports for anywhere in the world, using a combination of national and global weather forecasts to compile detailed 3 hourly and 6 hourly astronomy weather ratings up to 10 nights ahead. Most astronomy apps try to do everything, resulting in an overly complicated app and a stargazing forecast that#039;s too basic and inaccurate, but Scope Nights specialises in stargazing weather, providing highly detailed forecasts and advanced settings so the forecast can be tailored to meet the observing requirements of the most dedicated astronomer.
SKY TELESCOPE MAGAZINE HOT PRODUCT 2013 - quot;There#039;s no shortage of weather-related apps for the iPhone, but there#039;s only one specifically made for amateur astronomers… Our resident weather maven, who uses more than half a dozen apps and websites to prepare predictions, gives Scope Nights two thumbs up for it#039;s consistent accuracy.quot;
ASTRONOMY NOW MAGAZINE, NOVEMBER 2012 - quot;Launch those fireworks! Blast that klaxon! How many of us have laboriously prepared our observing equipment under a clear ceiling, only to have it blotted out by a wall of cloud seconds after we are ready? Or, waited forlornly with undue optimism under leaden heavens for signs of a crack in the sky? At last, here is the help we need...quot;
STARGAZING WEATHER RATINGS
● Shows at a glance which nights will be most suitable for stargazing using advanced smart weather analysis and nightly detail summaries to make it easy to pick the best nights
● Receive clear period notifications before sunset so you can prepare your telescope
● Let other people see your custom forecasts and share your astronomy weather reports via Twitter
LOCAL AND GLOBAL WEATHER DATA
● 5 to 7 night local astronomy weather reports updated hourly using weather data provided by NOAA National Weather Service for the United States and Met Office for the United Kingdom.
● 10 night global stargazing weather forecasts derived from the European numerical forecast model, renowned worldwide as providing the most accurate medium-range global weather forecasts
ADVANCED SMART WEATHER ANALYSIS
● Filters weather data only showing forecasts from sunset to sunrise
● Analyses weather, cloud cover, wind, humidity, temperature, moon phase and creates stargazing ratings using weighted algorithms
● Threshold adjustments for moon phase, wind, temperature and humidity to suit your observing requirements
● Wind speed gust sensitivity switch for those with large telescopes or in exposed locations
HIGHLY DETAILED NIGHT-TIME FORECASTS
● 3 hourly and 6 hourly forecast details
● Sunrise and sunset times
● Moon phases
● Colour coded details for:
- Moon phase
- Cloud cover
- Precipitation Probability
- Minimum temperature in celsius or fahrenheit
- Wind speed and direction in mph, knots, kph or mps
● Automatically finds stargazing weather forecasts for your current location
● Find stargazing forecasts for any location worldwide
● List of international dark sky locations
● Requires a device with iOS 7.0 or later
● Requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection for downloading weather data
● Requires Location Services be enabled to automatically find current location
Scope Nights 2.5.1 is a maintenance release containing minor improvements and bug fixes.